Article Management System

Samuel

Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Catholic

Over the next couple of days I'll be moving the articles out of the forum and into the new Article Management System.

Some of the reasons for introducing this new feature are:

1. To try and make this site more user friendly for people who are only interested in articles, and who prefer to avoid the clutter of a forum. One of the challenges of a forum is dealing with the fact that good content quickly gets buried and becomes hard to find. Using the Search function can help find information quickly, but not everyone is comfortable with using the Search function effectively, and some people may find it hard to dig deep into search results to find what they are looking for.
  2. To make it easier for people who just like to browse the most useful content or sort it by ratings, to list articles by the same author, to follow a certain author, etc.
  3. By separating articles from discussions I am hoping to make it easier to print articles without cluttering them with discussions, which one may not want to be included in the printout.
  4. And should the need arise, there is also the option of ignoring or even phasing out the forum side without losing the articles.
As always, please let me know if you have any suggestions or feedback.