Carmelites of the Holy Face, Newsletters

ReginaClareJane

Verified
Catholic

Thank you so much! I did not get an alert from Mother yet (which I am sure is coming) and I am so pleased that Our Lord and dear St. Joseph has blessed our Carmelites so graciously! They are in my daily prayers and I especially pray for more vocations! God bless our Carmelites!

ReginaClareJane

Verified
Catholic

Newsletter 16 is now available from their website: carmelitesholyface.com/downloads.
The only fear which is rare nowadays is the fear of God, and yet this is the

only kind of fear which we Christians ought to have.

There is no truer statement. This newsletter is full of hope for the future. I will continue to pray for more vocations. Thank you, dear Carmelites, for all your prayers. May God reward you!

Carmel

Verified
Catholic

It is good to be reminded not to go searching for big penances, that God is pleased with our ordinary sacrifices we meet with each day.Yes we should make a greater effort this month to offer little prayers for the suffering souls. I ask Our Lord and Our Lady to remind me not to neglect this simple but important duty we owe to the Holy Souls.

ReginaClareJane

Verified
Catholic

I so appreciate Mother's writing about Purgatory. So beautifully written! We don't hear enough about it these days, not even from the pulpit. But how wonderful to think of God's mercy and to realize that these souls we pray for will someday pray for us when they reach Heaven! I pity those who do not believe in Purgatory. They miss out on such a deep consolation, as Mother said. I need to do more for the poor souls in Purgatory and yes, how good it is to be reminded that even the smallest of my sufferings, which I consider huge sometimes, can be offered in union with Christ's suffering for them. Thank you, Mother, for this very inspirational message.

ReginaClareJane

Verified
Catholic

I so appreciate Mother's writing about Purgatory. So beautifully written! We don't hear enough about it these days, not even from the pulpit. But how wonderful to think of God's mercy and to realize that these souls we pray for will someday pray for us when they reach Heaven! I pity those who do not believe in Purgatory. They miss out on such a deep consolation, as Mother said. I need to do more for the poor souls in Purgatory and yes, how good it is to be reminded that even the smallest of my sufferings, which I consider huge sometimes, can be offered in union with Christ's suffering for them. Thank you, Mother, for this very inspirational message.
Oh, and it was so good to read all the latest news from the hermitage! Especially about the visiting priest and Georgina's visit to discern her vocation! So good to hear about more cells coming and the repairs on the house progressing! Deo Gratias!