Forum Incidents

Samuel

Administrator
Verified
Catholic

On September 14, user @stmichaelssword published some grave accusations against Archbishop Vigano, without being able to back these up with reasonable arguments. Furthermore, on questioning him his rhetoric quickly became uncharitable and aggressive. This is in violation of the rules of this forum:

• 4. You must remain respectful and charitable, at all times and to everyone.
  • 5. You must avoid all sins of the tongue (i.e. slander/calumny and detraction).
  • 6. Your arguments must be reasoned and reasonable, gratuitous claims or opinions will not be tolerated.
This person's failure to be reasonable in the above mentioned thread makes me question how much error he managed to mix in with truth in all his other posts, especially seeing that practically all of his posts are on the same topic. Because I do not have the time, nor the stomach, to sift through them all I decided to remove them instead.

Carmel

Verified
Catholic

Yes it is important to foster charity and prudence for the benefit of others.Thank you for upholding the rules of the forum.

ReginaClareJane

Verified
Catholic

On September 14, user @stmichaelssword published some grave accusations against Archbishop Vigano, without being able to back these up with reasonable arguments. Furthermore, on questioning him his rhetoric quickly became uncharitable and aggressive. This is in violation of the rules of this forum:

• 4. You must remain respectful and charitable, at all times and to everyone.
  • 5. You must avoid all sins of the tongue (i.e. slander/calumny and detraction).
  • 6. Your arguments must be reasoned and reasonable, gratuitous claims or opinions will not be tolerated.
This person's failure to be reasonable in the above mentioned thread makes me question how much error he managed to mix in with truth in all his other posts, especially seeing that practically all of his posts are on the same topic. Because I do not have the time, nor the stomach, to sift through them all I decided to remove them instead.
I appreciate you dealing with this matter so prudently, Samuel. I found his posts to be a great distraction from the generally spiritual direction of this forum.

Samuel

Administrator
Verified
Catholic

@Father Michael Mary has been banned for refusing to respect and obey the forum rules, especially number 5: "You must avoid all sins of the tongue (i.e. slander/calumny and detraction)."

In the thread Open Letter to Fr Michael Mary and Fr Anthony Mary, FSSR he calumniated a young man, was caught and doubled down with more detraction and calumny. He has been given several days now to repent and repair the damage he did to the young man's good name. He failed to do so. Instead, he took to another forum to carry on with the same sins of the tongue.

It is bad enough when lay people show such blatant disregard for Catholic morals, but such bad example is a real scandal when it comes from a Catholic priest. I will not tolerate this here.

Unless and until @Father Michael Mary repents and tries to repair the damage he has done to the young man and the scandal he has caused, he will remain banned from here.

Samuel

Administrator
Verified
Catholic

@truthciter has been banned for blatantly and persistently disregarding the forum rules:

You must remain respectful and charitable, at all times and to everyone.

Instead of encouraging, confirming and strengthening his fellow Catholics, he has done nothing but criticise, belittle and condemn others. Here is just one such example. If he thinks he can criticise and condemn his way to heaven he's going to be in for a big surprise!

Your arguments must be reasoned and reasonable, gratuitous claims or opinions will not be tolerated.

Despite the fact that he lacks basic reading and comprehensions skills, his claims and "inspirations" border on the heretical. And he has persistently failed to prove his claims. Even his style of posting reminds one of a 5 year old throwing a temper tantrum (large font, bold colors, abundance of capitals, ..). Verbal diarrhea is no substitute for reason.

You must make every effort to stay on topic and respond to counter arguments.

He was asked to prove or retract his odd claim that the OT saints needed water baptism. Instead, he simply constructed a straw man fallacy, and spouted more off-topic nonsense. (Here)

If you register as a Catholic you must submit to the teaching authority of the Catholic Church.

And lastly, he tried to deconstruct and contradict the teaching of the Council of Trent on baptism of desire, even after being told not to go down that road. I deleted that post/thread. And as a cherry on the cake he seems to be obsessed with sedevacantism and tries to use this as a battering ram to beat others into submission to his fantasies.

No thanks, troublemakers like this are not welcome here.