St. John of the Cross for Beginners: A Commentary on the Ascent of Mount Carmel and the Dark Night of the Soul (pdf attached)

Prof. Scott

Catholic

St. John of the Cross for Beginners: A Commentary on the Ascent of Mount Carmel and the Dark Night of the Soul​

Author: Meninger, William

Publisher: Lantern Books, Year: 2014

Language: English

ISBN: 978-1-59056-463-9,1590564634,978-1-59056-464-6

Description:

A Commentary on The Ascent of Mount Carmel and The Dark Night of the Soul

“Since the conduct of beginners in the way of God is much involved in the love of pleasure and self,

God desires to withdraw them from this inferior way of loving.” ―St. John of the Cross

Fr. William Meninger guides the reader through two basic works of inner development, The Ascent of Mount Carmel and The Dark Night of the Soul, by St. John of the Cross (1542-1591). He unfolds for modern readers the essence of these classical texts, section by section.

Attachments

• St.pdf
    958.3 KB · Views: 6

ReginaClareJane

Verified
Catholic

Thank you so much for posting these, Prof. Scott. I am looking forward to reading this as I have always felt somewhat intimidated when reading St. John of the Cross.

Prof. Scott

Catholic

Thank you so much for posting these, Prof. Scott. I am looking forward to reading this as I have always felt somewhat intimidated when reading St. John of the Cross.
Thank you for your kind message. I am very happy you find the book useful. If you (and others on this forum) would please provide me with feedback on what is of interest to the members here, and in which languages, I can try to contribute more relevant topics. I am a professor of Thomistic philosophy and theology and Latin. I also lecture on the deviations of so-called Modernism, including Zionism, Communism, and current US totalitarianism.