Administrator
Staff member
Verified
Catholic
taken from holyfacedevotion.com, emphasis added

THE DEFENDERS OF THE HOLY NAME OF GOD

holyface.gif

The Holy Face of Jesus from the image of Veronica's veil
(The veil is kept in St. Peters Basilica, Rome.)

Become A Brave Defender Of The Holy Name Of God Through the Holy Face Devotion!

Have you heard about the devotion of reparation to the Holy Face of Jesus? It is a devotion that was first heard of through a Carmelite Nun named Sister Mary of St. Peter in France, 1844, who stated Our Lord revealed this devotion to her at Mount Carmel. Sister Mary of St. Peter stated that Our Lord wanted this devotion to be spread throughout the world with the goal of making reparation for the sins which offend God.

When a man named Leo Dupont took this devotion and started practicing it privately in his home nearby, repeated first class miracles started occurring, which lasted for a period of over 30 years! This immediately became the talk of France, and attracted the attention of the Catholic Church, who investigated and publicly recognized the miracles as authentic. These miracles attest to the authenticity of the revelations from Our Lord to Sister Mary of St. Peter.

In 1885, to bring attention to the importance of this devotion, Pope Leo XIII established this special devotion as an Archconfraternity; and contrary to custom, He immediately established it for the ENTIRE WORLD. Note that numerous indulgences have been granted from several Popes, including Pope Pius IX and Pope Leo XIII, to those devoted to Devotion to the Holy Face of Jesus.

Note that Saint Therese of Lisieux was also very dedicated to this devotion, which prompted her to take the name, "Therese of the Child Jesus and of the Holy Face". This devotion was universally practiced before World War I but unfortunately, has since become scarcely known. This website has been created in an attempt to revive this important devotion.

Many wonderful promises are attached to this devotion, which can be seen on our Revelations page in the menu above. To understand how this devotion came about and the miracles associated with it, see our Timeline page as well.

This was the first revelation from heaven concerning Communism. Our Lord said that this devotion would defeat it. It is, therefore, the sister-devotion to the Fatima devotion — necessary to save the world. (There are many knowledgeable people who say that the present "collapse" of Communism is a deception, and that these devotions are needed now more than ever before.)

This devotion is to have the TWOFOLD PURPOSE OF REPARATION FOR BLASPHEMY and REPARATION FOR THE PROFANATION OF SUNDAY and Holy Days of Obligation, the two principal sins which in modem times are provoking the anger of God. Sr. Mary said, "He then made me see that this frightful sin wounds His Divine Heart more grievously than all other sins, showing me how by BLASPHEMY the sinner curses Him to His Face, attacks Him publicly, nullifies His Redemption, and pronounces his own judgment and condemnation... The Savior made me understand that His justice was greatly irritated against mankind for its sins but particularly for those that directly outrage the Majesty of God — that is, Communism, Atheism, cursing, and the desecration of Sundays and the Holy Days. He said "The executioners crucified Me On Friday, CHRISTIANS CRUCIFY ME ON SUNDAY."

for more information, photos and pamphlets, visit holyfacedevotion.com